These stems are made in 3D forged 7050 aluminium, just like the good old Syntace F99 stem. They also use CNC internal finish to reduce weight without reducing strength. External finish is black anodized.
They are manufactured by Kinesis, the factory that makes frames for Scott, Trek, Kona, GT, Felt and many other western cycling companies. Exactly this same stem is sold under brands like Niner, ProCraft or New Ultimate, for prices of around 70-85€.
One like this has been used during the whole last season by the Multivan-Merida team in the Cross Country Olympic (XCO) mountain bike World Cup, so it means that it's completely bomb proof even for mountain bike competition and hard stuff, also enduro, ciclocross, track, fixed gear, criterium races, etc... It is lighter than most other aluminium or carbon stems in the market. The front clamp is specially designed to be very friendly with carbon fiber handlebars, but it will work perfectly with aluminium handlebars too.
Prices and real weights (checked in my digital scale) with the included steel bolts are:
31.8 x 60mm: 84g (36€)
31.8 x 70mm: 91g (36€)
31.8 x 80mm: 92g (37€)
31.8 x 90mm: 101g (38€)
31.8 x 100mm: 106g (39€)
31.8 x 110mm: 108g (40€)
31.8 x 120mm: 112g (41€)
31.8 x 130mm: 124g (42€)
- All lengths are available as of April 2021.
- Also now available in 17º, from 80 to 130mm. Perfect for 29", 27,5", or for a racing aero position in road bikes. Price for any 17º stem is 39€. - You can reduce the weight another 10g extra by switching to titanium bolts, I have them for 18€ the 6 of them, M5x16mm.
- Material: 3D forged 7050 Aluminium, with CNC internal mechanization.
- External finish: Black anodized.
- Bolts material: Steel.
- Bolts dimensions: M5x15mm.
- Handlebar diameter: 31,8mm.
- Inclination: +-7º or +-17º
- Fork tube diameter: 1 & 1/8"
- Stem height in the fork clamping area: 40.0mm.
Shipping costs are +10€ to Germany and most European countries by DHL/DPD with Track and trace service.