Nukeproof Mega 290 Factory Carbon Bike (XT)
The Nukeproof Mega 290 Factory features a MegaV4 all-carbon frame, which is ultra-strong, lightweight and is optimised for exceptional agility for control over all terrains. This enduro full-suspension bike is equipped with Kashima coated Fox 38 Float Factory suspension forks and a Float X2 Factory shock at the rear. This suspension combo ensures outstanding traction, stability and control when climbing and descending. Plus, it has a Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed groupset with 4-Pot hydraulic disc brakes while rolling upon DT Swiss E1700 wheels wrapped in Tubeless Ready Michelin Wild Enduro tyres.
The Nukeproof Mega: an “enduro bike” that was ahead of its time. Originally developed and later named after the race it was designed for on the infamous trails of Alp D’Huez.
Multiple World Series Championship Victories
To date the Mega platform is one of the most highly decorated race bikes on the market: with the 2017, 2018 (x2) and 2019 Enduro World Series Titles; a Downhill World Championship top 10 and a Silver Medal at the 4x World Championship to its name. (As well as a host of other national and international victories and titles!)
Optimised Enduro Race Performance
Since 2009 the Nukeproof Mega has been constant path of development to meet the evolving demands of our riders and customers alike. The Nukeproof team are relentlessly striving for improvements and with each generation the Mega has been chiselled and shaped into today’s thoroughbred Enduro race bike. With the launch of the 2020 Carbon Mega 290c, you could forgive their designers for resting on their laurels. However, as Nukeproof products are developed between the tapes, there is a constant desire to hone and refine in order to give Nukeproof athletes and riders the best possible chance of standing on top of the podium.
Improved Sizing, Fit and Geometry
Designed as an evolution of the ultimate Enduro bike, the new Mega V4 has been fully reimagined for 2021 to offer optimised sizing/fit, improved Geometry and suspension kinematics on a brand new all-carbon chassis. Most importantly you can now fit a water bottle inside the main front triangle!
High Quality Carbon Frame Construction:
To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the new Mega Carbon frame features a T700/800 UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Front and rear Triangle). The new carbon swingarms helps reduce the unsprung weight on the rear of the bike. It is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size so that you can get the most out of every ride.
Whilst humans may not have changed size much in recent years; the bikes they choose to ride most certainly have. To ensure a perfectly dialled fit Nukeproof now offer 5 frames sizes: Small through to XX-Large with evenly spaced jumps between each.
Lower, longer, steeper and slacker! The Mega's new geometry is now designed around the saddle offset for each size to optimise seated weight distribution. This results in steeper seat angles across the board but especially on larger sizes for taller riders. This in turn results in longer reach figures to ensure a comfortable cockpit on each size. To further aid the perfect fit we have also used shorter seat tubes which are designed to maximise seat post insertion depths. Finally, all new Mega bikes are now designed to use short offset forks to further improve both climbing and descending capabilities.
To step-change the Mega’s suspension design Nukeproof went back to the drawing board and started afresh. They redesigned the Mega 4 bar horst linkage to be super supple over small bumps, progressive and supportive throughout the mid stoke for support when pedalling, cornering and pumping, with increased end stroke leverage to allow more tuning options with volume spacers. The new kinematic is designed to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but this reduces as you drop down the cassette. The result is a bike that is more confidence inspiring everywhere on the hill. It behaves itself on the climbs but can still be thrashed through the roughest and most technical terrain on the way back down.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega V4 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS
- Fork: Fox 38 Float, Factory Series, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black (SHORT ID: D33L)
- Shock: Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CL, RM, Rezi CM tune, 230x65mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D7JJ)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss EX1700 SPLINE 30, 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss EX1700 SPLINE 30, 29", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano XT M8100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Deraileur: Shimano XT M8100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano Deore M6100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Chain Guide: Nukeproof guide with Bash, 28-36T, ISCG-05, black
- Brakes: Shimano XT M8120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads with Fins
- Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT76, 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT76, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm, XXL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon Enduro, Black
- Seatpost: Bikeyoke Divine Stealth w Shimano SL-MT500-IL Remote lever, S:125mm drop; M/L:160mm drop; XL/XXL:185mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Weight: 14.8Kgs/32.6lbs (Tubeless)
Alle Bikes und Teile können natürlich auch gern vor Ort nach Terminabsprache besichtigt und abgeholt werden!
Sofern nicht anders angegeben, sind die angebotenen Artikel NEU.
Rechnung mit ausgewiesener MwSt. sowie volle Garantie und Gewährleistung gehören natürlich dazu.
Wir realisieren gern individuelle Aufbauten - nicht alle verfügbaren Angebote sind online, Anfragen sind immer willkommen!
Bei Fragen einfach melden!
Viele weitere Angebote findest du im MOUNTAINLOVE Bikemarkt Shop
DE ab 4,90€
EU ab 12,90 €
DE ab 49,90€
EU ab 69,90€
Zahlung im IBC: